Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dejavu....almost

We had a horrible thunderstorm last night that began about 11:30 p.m.  I was still up and thought at first it was hailing but it turned out to be debris hitting out windows and house.  Thunder and lightning were continuous!  Power went out and DH finally got up to sit in the dark with me.  Thunder was too loud to sleep.  Thankful I had my Ipad and could look up the weather radar to see where the storm was and check weather warnings.

DH finally went back to bed when we thought it was dying down and than BOOM! we heard the loudest thunder clap we've ever heard.  It was really weird.

Power was out for about 9 hrs.  I finally went to bed about 3 a.m.  I can't sleep when I know there is a storm coming late at night.  This would have been impossible to sleep through anyway.

We woke up to this in our back yard.....


Beautiful view out my kitchen window.



Backyard right beside the deck.

All those brown spots are where we lost trees in last storm and the stump ground up.  I think we lost 7 trees then.



Looks similar to our April tornado.

Actually the top of a tree evidently snapped off and fell.  We had really strong winds, weatherman called it a downburst.  I rarely see so much consistent bright lightening and hear so much thunder.  Hope it's a long time before I go through that again.

Thankfully DH was home.  Next week he's gone again.  I'm glad he could experience this with me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment