Monday, September 5, 2011

My Backyard



My hummingbirds have been very active lately making it a challenge to keep the feeder filled.  Saturday I had 4 fighting over it.  Finally 2 decided to call a truce and drink together.  I guess their filling up for their migration.



I love to watch the birds enjoy their baths. :)  This is a young robin ....


tickled me...looks like another bird is waiting his turn.  There was some serious splashing going on!


We had another storm knock a tree limb down.  I thought it was interesting how this cardinal blends in so well with the dried leaves.  We have finally got that large limb cleaned up!

Earlier this summer I wondered what got my flowers.  I think I found the culprit!  We had lots of bunnies this year in our backyard.




This is a common routine for Annie.  She has a good view of the outside wildlife.



She hates it when I'm outise and she's not.  She can look so pitiful but it's not worth the risk.  I wish she could understand!



Looking forward to all the fall colors but not the cold.  I guess I'll snuggle with Annie on the chilly nights coming.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Rachel! Her coloring is still changing. She is getting darker on her back. She is supposed to be 2 hrs. old before her full color and markings are complete. Kinda fun to watch her change. She's one big ball of fluff. :)

    ReplyDelete