Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ipad Sewing Project

I saw a quilted bag for an ipad on a blog and decided to try to make it for mine.  I have a cover for it but I would like to have a little protection to pack it when travelling....not far, just in the car.    I had some cute fabric I decided would make a fun bag so here is what I did this afternoon.


I quilted simple rows first.  Here is one panel with and one without quilting.



 This is my blue cover which I really love but not enough protection from being bumped around and my finished bag.



I thought this lining would be happy looking.


See how nice and snug it fits.



TA DA!


I'm not real happy with my velcro closing.  I'd feel better with a more heavy duty velcro, mine is more of a light duty kind.  I used what I had on hand and I think I will do it over again later.  Otherwise I'm pleased with it.

My thanks to  www.oneshabbychick.typepad.com/   for the great tutorial.



3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have a pattern in a quilt magazine for one. I might try it, but Jim might not like carrying his iPad in a quilted bag --- not too manly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep checking for new posts...I know you've been working on projects......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done enough to feel like it's worth posting. I'll try to post what I've done so far after I take some pics.

    ReplyDelete