Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Perfectionism is highly overrated (in my opinion)


I've been doing some applique with 30's fabric and it's been fun.  I'm too impatient to do the steps suggested so I'm needle turning which is much faster but not as accurate.  But it's my quilt and I'm having fun so the "quilt police" will just have to live with it.  :) 

My first attempts weren't too good but it's getting better.....

First try....


Obviously the points are supposed to meet in the center and obviously they don't!


Second try....

Third try...I'm getting there...almost



Looking much better but could still use some work.


I've decided I've been too much of a perfectionist and I'm going to relax a little and enjoy the process of quilting and other things.  Perfectionism can be paralyzing and nothing gets accomplished. 

I will put all these imperfect blocks in my quilt along with the others that are looking better.  It will be a fun quilt that I will enjoy looking at.  Thank goodness it's not a gift though!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment